Now and then bloggers like to honor other bloggers whose blogs they enjoy with a variety of different awards.
Kris at The Panama Adventure nominated me for the Shine On award. She also gave me new nominations to the Beautiful Blogger Award and the One Lovely Blog award, but since I’ve already posted blogs on those I’ve just added her link to them on my awards page.
Since I could not find any more info about this award, I’ll just have to speculate as to the meaning of the Shine On Award. Perhaps that the blogs nominated are shining stars in the vast array of available blogs? Sounds good to me!
The requirements for accepting this award are to share seven new things about yourself. Also to nominate ten other bloggers for this award and alert them to their new award nomination with a comment on their blog. Plus post the award on your blog with a link to the blog that nominated you. And required or not it’s always nice to thank the person who gave you the nomination.
Seven Things to Share
1. I’m going to challenge myself to see if I can find 10 blogs to nominate for this award that I have not previously nominated for other awards.
2. I failed in a search for more information about the Shine On Award.
3. The Panama Adventure is of special interest to me because I personally know someone who moved to Panama.
4. It’s a major challenge trying to come up with something to say here that is interesting enough somebody else might actually want to read it.
5. If I could live anywhere in the world I wanted it would be somewhere in the Caribbean. Or on a cruise ship.
6. When I’m not trying to sleep I can fall asleep with the TV going, lights on, and people around, but when I actually want to sleep any tiny noise or crack of light keeps me awake or wakes me up.
7. No matter how long a cruise is, it is never long enough.
My 10 Nominees for the Shine On Award
These blogs are listed in no particular order. The number they have on the list is completely random, not a ranking.
1. The Other Ginger This is a brand new blog so I know I haven’t nominated it for anything else yet. Written by Amy, who also writes AfternoonPopcornSnack.
2. My Travel Tastes Travel stories and food reviews from all over the world.
3. Lame Adventures I recently discovered this humor blog so I haven’t read all that much of it yet, but so far what I have read is quite funny.
4. Ron Scubadiver’s Wild Life Lots of photos from lots of places.
5. Toemail A fun blog that posts all sorts of pictures people submit – all with toes visible.
6. Russel Ray Photos A photographer with a cat living in San Diego
7. Retireediary by Michael Lai, mostly a travel and photo blog
8. Meg Travels a blog about Meg’s travels, and lots of photos.
9. The Road Less Traveled by Ben and Francoise A nearly brand-new travel blog about interesting places most people never visit.
10. Sarajevo in Pictures photoblog about Sarajevo written by an Aussie.
LB, considering that I’m the most land-locked person around, I am very flattered that you, a world-class authority on cruise-going, would include Lame Adventures amongst your nominees. Now I know how Anne Hathaway must have felt when she learned of her Oscar nomination this morning. Thanks!
P.S. My sister, bro-in-law and niece took a cruise to Alaska in summer — and were in their bliss.
Thanks. Alaska is a beautiful place in the summer, I can’t say I’d want to live there though, way too cold in the winter for me.
Yes, you are a shining star in blog world!
You know someone in Panama? Very cool! Do you know where they live?
The seven things is harder than you would think, isn’t it! Funny, we blog about ourselves all day long, but when put on the spot we can’t think of a thing to say. But, what you think is ordinary is actually interesting to the rest of us. It’s something we might not read in a blog, a little tidbit that lets us know you in a different way.
Now I must go check out your links. I recognize a few, but others are new and interesting. Thanks!
I used to be a 4-H leader, one of the 4-H girls (now all grown up) moved to Panama. She lives on the coast, but I don’t know the name of the town.
Congratulations on your awards! And thank you so much for the nomination – I really appreciate it 🙂
Thank you….and you’re welcome.
Thanks for the nomination. Your blog is well deserved and has lots of great info and photos. I just hope lots more people discover your great work. Okay, I’m off to check out your other nominees, some of which I’ve already discovered through your page’s likes gravatars.
Interesting picture for the Shine On award. Did you pick that or did it come with the award? The girl in that picture is actually a persocom (android or robot) named Chi. She is from a manga series called Chobits. It was later made into an anime series that has 26 episodes. If you look close at her ear you can see it’s not a normal ear.
The picture is the award, no idea who picked it or why. It’s the same picture on any blog that got that award. I would have just thought that was a patch of light in her hair rather than an ear if I looked at the picture close enough to notice it at all had you not said that. I did try to find out more about that award, but could not find any information about it. Apparently you know more about the picture than anything I found, though that still doesn’t shine any light on the origin of the award itself.