Thank-you to Miss Zari of Travel . Culture . Food for nominating me for the versatile blogger award. Check out her blog on ….. travel, culture, and food!
This award comes with a set of rules. They seem to vary a bit from post to post, but here they are copied right off of the versatile blogger award rules page.
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So here’s my nominees. (15 is too many. Miss Zari did 10 and even that’s a lot!)
1. Mommy Adventures – a funny take on motherhood with great cartoons. (This blog no longer exists and the name has been taken over by another website.)
2. Pokin on Product – Pokin does product reviews, and also shares things like insights to better marketing techniques. She draws great cartoons too.
3. Mitzee Mee – Although she doesn’t care for these blog awards, I enjoy reading her blog.
4. I Used to Have Hair – there’s a lot of mommy blogs out there, this one’s a daddy blog.
5. Meg Travels – surprisingly enough, a travel blog.
6. Where’s My Back and Other Stories -a blog about age and Alzheimer’s, with a lot of other stuff thrown in.
7. This, That … and Whatever Else I Can Think Of … Mainly a photoblog … or whatever else he can think of.
8. Discover and Devour – mainly a mommy blog I think, but she has other posts too. This one is pretty new to me. I recently discovered it and haven’t had a lot of time for devouring yet.
Um, yeah that’s enough. 10 is too much, 15 is really overkill. I had one more I intended to include, but my computer crashed twice trying to go there to get the link so I gave up on that one. It never crashed just going there to read that blog before. So if you think I should have included you and I didn’t, that’s why. Unless of course it would distress you to know your blog crashed somebody’s computer. In that case it was someone else. Yeah, that’s it, this is America, it’s always someone else’s fault.
And the ever-difficult 7 things about myself, which the above rule says tell the person who nominated you, but everyone else I’ve seen win these awards posts it in the blog.
1. I love cruises (no surprise here I’m sure since I write a cruise blog.)
2. I have a traditionally male-type job.
3. I mow my lawn with horses. The lawnmares I call them since they are both mares.
4. I sell fishing tackle online. Check out my websites at DartJigs.com, Deep Stingers, and Point Wilson Dart webspecials. (Who can pass on such a great opportunity as this for shameless self-promotion?)
5. Odd maybe for someone who writes a blog, but I really don’t share that much about myself.
6. Do I really have to come up with two more things? hmmm, Ok I’m really sick of rain. Especially when it always comes on the weekend.
7. Last one (Yay!) Dark chocolate and coconut are the best two flavors ever. At least that’s my opinion.
I never had any idea getting nominated for one of these awards was so much work. (Mainly because the computer crashing thing took up a lot of time.) I hope this was a bit more entertaining than the usual list of new nominees though.
I appreciate the nomination! I’m not usually one for memes, but maybe I’ll do one for this. We’ll see.
Congratulations! Love your blog.
Congratulations and best wishes on your award! And thank you for the nomination. I really appreciate it 🙂